Monday, December 6, 2010

Sculpted Cake.


While y'all were finishing off your Thanksgiving left overs I was building this cake!  This cake was so complicated that we worked with a partner to finish it in time.  You may wonder how we are able to get cake to sit at a 45 degree angle...  a lot of PVC pipe. There is a PVC pipe that goes up through the trunk, the soccer ball, and through the center of the sailboat.  Then there is a second PVC pipe that goes through the center of the bear.  In the end we held our breath, and it all came together wonderfully! 


This is my partner Eva.  Together we rocked out this cake.  Not only was she a great partner, but she provided me with hours of entertainment to make this week go by smoothly.  Thanks for the laughs Eva!    


Meet Teddy Krueger.  While we were making the bear we had to first make all the pieces to assemble.  Well when you have arms and legs lying around, and you are trying to name a teddy bear, only morbid names start to come to mind.  



 This cake was especially exciting to make because my family is a huge sailing family.  I've been sailing with my Dad since I was a little girl.  I have many fond memories that have sailing tangled in them.  Well, you can guess the name of our boat.  My Dad named it after his real love.  It's my beautiful mother's middle name.