Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Snow.

I'm pretty glad that Halloween is over.  I inherited the trait of talking to strangers from my Dad.  Except he does it in a smooth, friendly way interacting with others in his world.  I do it in a janky, awkward way that normally gets me in trouble.  Halloween was the worst this year. Example..

"Hey I'm loving your costume..."
*confused look*
"I wish I could get my hair to do something like that... is that a wig?"
"no.... and I'm not wearing no costume lady"
"oh... sorry uhh.."
*awkward silence*

Well now that Halloween is over, I have apparently become one of those obnoxious people that celebrates Christmas way too far in advanced.  Here is the Winter Wonderland cake we decorated this week.  I must admit though that I absolutely loved decorating this cake.  I couldn't help squealing every time we made some adorable little animal.  Even Mr. Snowman got to me when I was placing the little holly berries on his hat.  So cute! Take a look....






So when I'm walking home at night I always pull my hood on and tuck all my hair up in it.  I'm pretty tall, so I figure if there is a creeper lurking in the bushes, he will just think I'm a dude wearing tight jeans.  But tonight I was walking home and this girl was walking up ahead of me.  I suddenly realized I might be scaring her.  She may have turned around and thought I was a dude wearing tight jeans.  My plan backfired, I felt like yelling out "Don't worry I'ma girl!" But that might have scared her more.  Oh that reminds me...  yesterday morning I had just gotten into the city and I heard this guy scream "I just can't get these voices out of my head!" I know exactly how you feel buddy, it's called your thoughts.  I love Chicago.  So now it's time for you to get a cup of hot chocolate, wrap up in a snuggie, and looks at these pictures.  Almost like Christmas.  

2 comments:

Beckie said...

CUTE cake!
And I am totally laughing at the thoughts you had while scaring that poor girl walking in front of you HAHAHAA!

Anonymous said...

Christmas Wonderland is very detailed. Who has this kind of time in a real business? I guess that would depend on the price.
Keep up your writing. It is very entertaining. Try not to scare the girls, dude.
Love, DAD