Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Arabian Coffee Cake.

I'm normally never at a loss for words.  Unfortunately for my loved ones, God gave me a mouth that rarely gets tired.  If I'm not talking, I normally have someone asking me if I'm feeling well.  Well tonight is one of those nights I'm out of words. 


Ok I just thought of some! I will tell you about the cakes we made today.


Gulia snapped the photo when I was telling her something I thought was funny.

We put the last layer of buttercream on our Arabian coffee cakes.  We were graded on our frosting skills, which was incredibly intimidating.  Then we busted them open to taste them, and we got to take them home.  Neither Gulia or I are coffee people so we donated our cakes to the hungry interns fund.  Have a look at our finished cake! 

     
Coffee lovers.  This cake is your personal Nirvana.

We are now working on a chocolate pistachio mousse cake.  It is a layer of moist chocolate biscuit with white chocolate cinnamon pistachio ganache...


Add some carmalized pistachios... (these are amazingly delicious, I'm surprised Gulia and I had any left for our cake)


Then top with another layer of chocolate biscuit.  Now you're ready for chocolate mousse loaded with cocoa nib crisp.  One last layer of chocolate biscuit, and spread another layer of rich chocolate mousse.



Tomorrow we are going to cover this cake in seductively rich dark chocolate ganache.  Get your fat pants out because more cake is on the way. 

1 comment:

Mike said...

Man, now my computer screen is scratched cuz I tried to EAT IT!